Saturday, May 5, 2012

Random thoughts on a Saturday NIght

It's Saturday night --  last weekend before I'm home for a visit!  Granted, this time I'll only be back for half the amount of time I was at Christmastime, but I'm still crazy excited. Lord willing,  I get to meet my new niece and nephew, sing duets with Abbie , see the mountains, go shopping with Annie, watch softball games, get bubble tea with Brittany, go on a bike ride with Shelby, execute a Mothers Day meal for my family, spend a much anticipated half day with Lydia, wear my almost forgotten about sweaters... I really am so blessed with the people in my life. It sounds cliche, but I honestly am so thankful for the over-abundance of friends and family the Lord has placed in my life. The last 4 months seemed to go by quite fast. Part of it might be due to the fact that I've gotten more settled here as opposed to the first half of my time here. But also I was blessed with many visitors such as my parents, Abbie, Tina and Natasha, and most recently Brittany. They brought such a sweetness with them as well as a small taste of home. I love the memories from those times, some of which are wearing cowboy hats and exploring the rodeo with Abbie, proudly showing my parents around town and pointing out my favorite places, visiting the flee market with Tina and Tasha, and laying out by the pool with Brittany...

Well, I don't have much else to say. However, with the confession of stealing the idea from Annie, here's an instagram of my new haircut. It doesn't really look that way for long with the extreme humidity here and the relentlessness of my natural curls... But here's the general idea of how its *supposed* to look =)

Also, is it weird that I love reading book reviews? I mean, like I seriously could spend an hour just reading reviews online about a wide variety of books. Even books I don't plan on reading. I don't always understand myself. But I guess that's ok. God does! =)

Oh, and I had the cutest little boy as a patient yesterday. He was having some major work done on his teeth, and although he was being brave, you could tell he was quite alarmed at what was going on. In efforts to distract him, we started having a conversation about his favorite super heroes. Despite his mouth being full of gauze, he enthusiastically told me the Incredible Hulk was his favorite and that he wants to be a strong as him. So between that, oral sedation, Nitrous, and holding his little hand, we all made it safely through 3 crowns, one filling, and an extraction!

Allrighty. Enough randomness for tonight. See ya soon my NW friends!

3 comments:

Annie said...

See *you* soon...cute new haircut and all! ONE WEEK and I get to hug you tight! <3

Lydia Lee said...

Eeeeee!!! I can't wait for our half-day together ... shortest visit EVER, but we'll totally make it worth it! :]

AND your haircut looks adorable! I need something new & cute to do with my hair ... love you and all your random thoughts so very much!

Kristi said...

I'm addicted to book reviews too ;)