Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday with my lil sis


First week of school has come and gone--and with that brought the first weekend break from school. I always appreciate the weekend so much more when I'm in school. I truly look forward to them, and on Fridays start planning on what the weekend might entail. Usually, it's homework and sleeping in, but I also try to add other things like time with friends and family, cleaning my room, etc.... Last Saturday, Kaylie and I went on a sister date to *drumroll* the greatest store ever.....Goodwill (or the Will of Good, as my brother likes to call it) Usually it's me who is begging my sister to go there with (my sense fashion is somewhat lacking, I believe), but for some odd strange reason, she really wanted to go too.


We sifted through the myriads of jeans, shirts, jackets, etc, trying to find something eligible. I tried on around half a dozen pairs of jeans, as well as different tops/sweaters. Some were ok, some were horrible, some were outlawed by Kaylie.....



We both left the store with something--Kaylie purchased a red sweatshirt, while I got a top and a skirt (I needed jeans, but I like skirts so much more...)


After shopping, the plan was to go to a coffee shop so I could study. We arrived at the cute little shop, ran inside through the pouring rain, and eagerly anticipated sipping a coffee while sitting in a dry, cozy environment. Well problem was, I think half the town was wanting that exact same thing. We stood in line for a minute, but then decided that a Starbucks run would be better. But problem again, the other half of town decided that they all needed to be at that section of town. Traffic was crazy! I ended up taking her through a different locally owned drive through. She got her coffee, and we were both ready to hed home.


Well, another 6 days until the next Saturday. Who knows? Maybe we will hit Value Village next time =)

7 comments:

Abbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Balvanz said...

That was really sweet. :) What a fun Saturday. I appreciate the weekend so much during school, too!!

Balvanz said...

Oh and btw, that really cute pic of you, me, and Janel after choir got deleted off the camera! SADNESS :(

Stormgirl said...

Awww, what fun! Weekends are so awesome. Glad that you found some things.
Btw... I like "The Will of Good". :D

Nicole Wright said...

ooh, Goodwill is where i buy all my jeans! But I run to Aero or Anchor Blue for the rest! :o) such fun, Adrienne hates shopping. Hope that changes with age. :o)

Historian Anne said...

Aww, how sweet! Weekends are definitely a breather, at least a psychological one, thinking we have more time... I know, I love pink, and anything with that color sticks out so I am plagued not being able to chose other colors.:(

Anonymous said...

Great Post! Love weekends with sister!! Way to be a great sister!! You will always remember thoses day!