I went to the grocery store this morning to get ingredients for a new dinner recipe I'm trying out. I'm so anxious to start making it, but I need to let the chicken defrost first. And so in attempt to make the time go by faster, I decided to write a quick blog post... =)
Kaylie and I have quite the relationship. Out of seven children, its just the two of us at home now. So naturally we spend allot of time together. We keep mom and and dad amused, split the Saturday morning chores, make meals occasionally, stay up late watching movies...and Kaylie has made it her mission in life to offer a constant commentary on my life. She gets a kick out of diciphering what mood I'm in as soon as I enter the house. "What's wrong Belle?" "Nothing's wrong" "Yes there is. You seem sad today" "I'm fine" "I can just tell something is wrong". Sometimes its sweet. Other times annoying. "Hmmm...I can't tell what mood you are in today" "Do you always have to analyze me? And btw...I have to leave soon for Bible Study"
"Ohh, you are rushed. That's why you were acting different!". I realized once I move, I will miss such personalized attention, but sometimes its just a bit much to deal with =)
But poor Kaylie...the other day I gave it to her bad...twice! On accident though. The first incident was dinner. Mom had chicken marinating in a seasoned yogurt marinade. The pieces were pretty big and it was still on the bone. Mom and dad left for town, and she gave me instructions to broil the chicken for dinner. One piece was smaller than the rest, and I took it out of the oven first since it would be done before the larger pieces were. I put it on plate and served it to Kaylie. She stared at it and was like "There's not much meat on here". I told her there was and that she needed to dig for it amongst the bones. Turns out, that was the piece that my mom had just cut all the meat off to fry in a pan for a quick dinner before she left. Oops! Kaylie, who was just a little disgusted with me, went in the kitchen herself and picked a piece of chicken that actually had meat on it! And then later that night in the family room, she had her head in my lap as I plucked her eyebrows for her (it may sound weird, but sisters do that for eachother, lol) Accidently at one point, the tweezers slipped from my hands and landed straight in her eye! And it didn't just bounce off...it like, STAYED there. Like a little sword in her eye! It was probably no longer than a second or two, but it was enough to hurt her eye and keep us doubled over with laugher for the next while. My mom paused the movie she was watching until the shrieks of laugher subsided (which took a fair amount of time)
The two of us have enough info to blackmail eachother for lifetime. But since we're sisters and since we do love eachother, you'll probably only hear half of it... ;)
2 comments:
hehe you love me :) though....I love you more! :)
If only I had a sister to pluck my eyebrows!!
Cute post =)
Post a Comment