Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shelby


When I read or hear people talking about the need to have one or two good friends – the kind of friend that knows you inside and out … the kind that you already know will be there til the end (whenever or however that happens) … the kind where pretending around has no use … the kind who knows you the best and still talks well of you to everyone – well, I can’t help but think of Shelby. It’s one area in my life where I’m like “Yup. Got that!”. (And more than just one! But that’s a future post) God initially used school to bring us together, even though we soon parted ways educationally. He gave us long car rides, shared interests, houses that were minutes a part, availability to hang out often … Now, are lives aren’t joined together as much by those things. Top on her list is caring for her husband, being in process of buying a house, learning the ins and outs of finances and running a home, etc. For me, it’s learning the ropes of a new city and culture, navigating the world of young adulthood and new relationships, and trying to find the closest park for Ari to play in (without getting lost). But it’s OK that our lives are different. At this point, I got her back, she’s got mine.  That’s just how it’s gonna be. Like it or not (and I just happen to love it), I think we’re stuck being “Friends Forever”. Right Shelby? =D

2 comments:

Annie said...

She is definitely a special friend and blessing-giver to sooo many people!! <3

Historian Anne said...

What a sweet description of your relationship! So glad you both can maintain that deep friendship. Nothing like that "bosom friend."