The beginning of Spring break didn't quite turn out as we (Abbie, Shelby, and myself) had hoped. But we stuck together through it all--thanks to our handy cell phones =) The following is just a sampling of the text messages that went on between my friends and I over the past week:
"How are you feeling? Any better?"
"I'll be praying for you!"
"I don't think it's a caffeine withdrawal headache--I have a fever!"
"After throwing up all night, I think I'm on the mend"
"How are you doing now??"
"I'm making cookies. Propping myself up though while doing it"
"Get lots of sleep. maybe tonight's the night!"
"Thanks for bringing over those movies!"
"At least I'm not sitting on the couch crying like I was last night"
"Oh my poor friend! That is so sad!"
"Can I join you? I'm sick too"
"Thanks for the flowers!"
"I just wish you would get better!!"
"Oh I feel so bad for you. Watch a happy movie [instead of the sad one you just watched]"
"Fever is back up. Gram's taking me to the clnic"
"We don't have to hang out today. You have full right to lay in bed and eat popsicles all day"
"Do you think I'm still contagious?"
Maybe not the start of Spring break that we had hoped for....but thankfully we are on the mend. And thankfully we have friends for times like these to cheer us up when plans start falling apart and laying on the couch all day is making us go crazy. Love you guys! Hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon though! =)
8 comments:
Hehe. This was an awesome post. Totally made me smile. :) Thank goodness for texting (via phone or email) eh? ;D
Getting texts from you has truly been a bright spot in my all-too-gloomy days. Thanks for making me feel loved while I've been sick! :)
awww, how sweet. I thought it quite unique you three sick at the same time. Hope you enjoy the remainder of your spring break days.
what a sweet post! Had me giggling :)
At least you could commiserate together! Hope you all are feeling better and can enjoy your break from now on! :)
Aw darlings, you're killing me! Wish I could have taken care of you all at the same time. Next time I'll set up an official Silver Beach Girls sick ward....
He he he. Was that me who was crazy enough to prop myself up to make cookies? :P You were such an encouragement Kels while I was lying on the couch! Keeping me entertained, ah you poor girl, getting a whole essay worth of texts from a bored friend! Thanks for putting up with me!!! You made my whole week much brighter!
I will volunteer to be on the SB sick ward I am a NAC now!
Yes Roxanna! That would be lovely having such a good NAC to take care of us! =)
Yep Shelby, that was you with the cookies =-)
Post a Comment