Saturday, September 19, 2009

The thoughts that are swirling in my head..

Kimberly Louise. September 7th, 2009

My beautiful sister is off and married; leaving an empty spot in our home and thousands of memories in our hearts. It was a magical week leading up to the wedding. I could write about the gorgeous rehearsal dinner and all that it entailed: The beautiful location, delectable appetizers, a scrumptious main course, toasts to the future bride and groom, dancing on the lit up balcony with Kaylie after the sun went down...

Or I could tell you all about the events leading up to the big day such as pedicures, long time friends gathering at our home to help with pre-wedding details, picking and arranging flowers with a group of lovely ladies, running outside in the rain with Lydia, a late night emergency run to walmart..



But then there is the day of the wedding.... Getting our hair done, arriving at the location, goofing of during pictures, riding in a limo, seeing the park filled with family and friends as the bridal party made their entrance, standing up front and witnessing the union of my sister and Luke...





Or I could write a post about the evening after the wedding. The deep joy in our hearts, how we went out to eat with dear relatives, or how I cried a little on the drive home, or how it was hard to say goodbye to Lyddie..



And speaking of Lydia... There could be so much to say about out time together. I so enjoyed having her over; laughing over lame jokes, dancing in the rain, basking in our role as Kimi's bridesmaids... It really was hard to see her go. But it made me totally excited that she is planning on boarding with us next year as she goes to school. Yay!




But since I can't write it all, this summary of a post will have to do. In short, it was a marvelous time. One that will always be etched in my mind. And if I ever do forget some of the details, I can always ask Lydia if I may read her journal entry of 13 pages describing this time (I wish I had gotten in the habit of journaling. Such a neat way to preserve the memories and trace back God's providence)

Thanks to all of you who helped out and supported Kimi and Luke. From the guests who attended, to Shelby who was at the park bright and early decorating, to Vanessa who altered the candle lighter dresses, to Abbie who video recorded the ceremony, to Mandy and Corina who took on extra jobs such as making sure the flower decorations were up and perfect, and all the many other people who so kindly gave their time and talents to make this day special. You are all so appreciated!

Til December!!!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh Kels, that was just one of the loveliest days! You were beautiful!!! <3

Balvanz said...

Mmmmmm...loved the post, Kelsey! It was such an amazing day. Great pictures, too! Made me super excited for December. ;)

Annie said...

All your memories were so fun! If I were you, I don't think I could have picked just one day or event out of all those to blog about either...they all sound so amazing!

Historian Anne said...

You melt my heart. It was a wonderful day and I so enjoyed see you all beautifully dressed up. One day you will be a darling sweet bride! Can't wait to see who wins your heart:) Such a lovely wedding and your family was so fun to celebrate with and rejoice with.

Kimi said...

What a lovely post Kelsey, thank-you. That was my most favorite day in my entire life! But there is no way it would have been so grand without the help of my sweet family or friends. I just hope that when you and others need help with your weddings you'll call on me!

Lydia Lee said...

Aww Kel-belle ... I loved this post! Oh so many memories ... you're right - it's so hard to encapsulate all those memories into just one blog post - but the pictures and your words bring it back so crystal clear so beautifully. (and yes, you can read my 13 page journal entry whenever you need more reminders! ;)

Oh how I wish I could be there for Karin's wedding, but I look forward to seeing the pictures from it and hearing about all the beautiful memories formed during that wedding too ... I can't wait for our very own weddings! What fun they will be ... I love you! Thank you for the memories and letting me be a part of it all.