Galatians 4:4-7
"It's still the same Savior"
~Mrs. S--my choir director
Naturally, we were all disapointed when our Christmas choir performance had to be postponed until January. But the timely words of Mrs. S. reminded us that no matter what month it is, the truth that Christ came remains and should be celebrated continuly.
So, despite the disapointment of Christmas events having to be cancelled, we can still celebrate and have joyful hearts (and most likely, those joyful hearts will all be at home where most people are during this weather)
Speaking of home.....the snow has kept most of my family there. It sure is a different change from full time school, to being “stuck’ at home (but quite happily stuck) My mom and I did some Christmas baking yesterday afternoon. We had a great time, and the day was made even more special when my eldest sister made the 1-2 hour drive to visit us. My whole family ate dinner together! (plus a few extra young men) It was great!
Here are a few pictures of yesterday. Sadly, I didn't get any good whole family pictures, but I might try for that today =)





5 comments:
Oh I love the pictures! It is so fun to be "stuck" I love it! Chrsitmas baking is the best isn't it? I think that my brothers might not agree with that though cause most of it seems to be given away...ah poor boys I'll have to make then something. :)
Oh what fun Kelsey. I agree with Shelby... the pictures are so great. What fun!! It is kinda hard to be stuck in at times, but then baking wouldn't happen!!!
Hi Kelsey!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I actually just found yours the other day too, and I'll look forward to reading it as often as I can!
I love your title...I don't know if you named it after this or not, but there is a Steven Curtis Chapman (my fav!) song called "Moment Made for Worshiping" which is fabulous. A great reminder to live each second of the day in a worship service to our King!
I was bummed too that the choir performance got canceled. I was really looking forward to hearing you all again, but we were snowed in anyway, so I guess it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Look forward to hearing you all share beautiful music with us another time!
Merry Christmas!
Annie
Yes, the title of my blog is after that song! I like Steven Curtis Chapman allot, too! I'm happy that people were excited to hear the choir--it makes it that much more fun to sing =) I hope you and you family have a very merry Christmas (and hopefully our opposite paths of 1st service and 2nd service will come together sometime ;)
Love your post! It is wonderful to be at home with the Christmas music playing and baking away. So glad to hear your older sister made it so wonderful!
Post a Comment