
When I think about Thanksgiving, I can't help but think about my cousins. For for as long as I can remeber, my mom's sister's family would spend Thanksgiving with us. Even though we don't live near eachother, we have manged to keep it a tradition. I have so many memories from past Thanksgivings spent with them. Hide and go seek in the dark, coloring pictures, watching movies, drinking way to much egg-nog, getting in trouble, dancing to the first sounds of Christmas music, listening to Adventures in Odyssey as we fell asleep.......

Even though our activites may have changed somewhat over the years, this Thanksgiving was no different. We laughed, played games, teased eachother endlessly, danced to Christmas music, made a huge mess in my room (as always)...... But this time, I was really amazed at how much we all had grown up. I remeber sitting on the couch, chatting with my two older cousins. We were discussing our college classes, the different teachers we have, jobs, etc..... It dawned on me that this was the girl who used to want to play "baby kangaroos" with me. And now we were having a conversation about college?! 
I was happy that we were more than just cousins who always enjoyed playing together at Thanksgiving. We were friends and fast approaching adults (as scary as that thought can be). The "playing" still continued-- we still treated eachother in our typical, goofy, cousinly fashion.....but it seemed like somehow our relationship had changed into something different....something special.

I love you guys so much! I hope this Thanksgiving tradition of ours will continue on for many years!
15 comments:
What a sweet post Kelsey!
I love traditions, and we also always had our cousins during Thanksgiving and had a lot of fun. This time, we are here and they'd moved to Spokane so they couldn't be here for the celebration. But we did go see them in their new home on that weekend so that was nice!
Those are precious pictures!!
Hay, Kelsey that's great that you started a blog! I will enjoy reading it! Did my comment about starting a blog last Sunday convinced you? :)
We have many similar momories with our cousins! We would always pretended that we were asleep so that my cousins could stay the night but that never worked:( Sadness!
HEY KELSEY!!! It's so good to find your blog! i hope you keep it so i can catch up with you! :) btw, this is Hannah S...Montana??? lol! Ok, well i hope you visit my blog!! littlewondersfromhannah
Oh Kelsey dear... what fun that you have a blog now. I am so glad!!! Such sweet memories that you have with your cousins... memories that you will treasure forever. The pictures are adorable too! I am looking forward to reading more here on you blog!!! Hugs to you my dear friend!
Oh Kelsey, you actually got a "real" blog! (your other one is still on my control panel, did you know that?)
Awww, I so wish that I was more dedicated to updating my blog. People still read it even when I only update once every six months, so I probably should start writing more often ... I just figure that I have nothing of interest to write for anyone (although I always write stuff to put up, and then I chicken out ...).
Your first post was so great! It made me smile, for the hope that my children will have fun with their cousins someday (think Elsie & Jessica - hahaha!!:), since I never really had cousins my own age to play with. At least I do have one cousin that's Vicki's age that we still keep in touch with - who's getting married next year!!
Anyway, I loved the post & the pictures ... and I hope my kids have fun with their cousins someday like that!
I love you!
Aw that is so fun to have cousins like that! I love way you write Kels and I love that you have pictures too! I am blissfully happy that you started a blog! <3
Historian Anne & Roxy girl:
Thanks for stopping by! I'm happy that others have the same wonderful traditions with family! It makes the holidays so special!
I think I have tried the "falling asleep trick" also =)And yes, your comment, Roxy, did sort of motivate me ;)
Hannah S: yes, now I can find out about you life in MT =) I remember doing choir with you, and how fun that was!
Lyddie: Since our children will be cousins (somehow we will work that out, lol) I'm sure they will be the best of friends. Esp. since they will live right next to eachother. Right? =) And do keep up with your blog! Please? Love you too!
Abbie and Hannah: Thanks for commenting! Love you both!
And shelby, I didn't see your comment in time...I wasn't ignoring you =) You're so sweet! thanks!
Hey Kelsey! This is so cute! I can't wait to read more! Can I put you on my sidebar? Thanksgiving is filled with tradition for us to...it'll be sad when that has to change.
Go right ahead, Kaisha =)
Hopefully your Thanksgivings won't have to change any too soon!
yayness!! (I'm working on adding this to the next version of Webster's dictionary) :0)
I love your new blog. I thought about getting one a while back, but new I probably wouldn't update it enough. I hope as well that we keep up are thanksgiving tradions or a least try and stay in touch even when we start to date and eventually get married.
Love you cus!
you're right. You never know when I'll start having Thanksgiving with 'Bernard's" family =)
Post a Comment